Last chapter we studies about Part 1. In this chapter we will study about the Part 2 of Indian constitution of India.
In these Articles the rules of getting and losing Citizenship of India is mentioned at the time of Partition and formation of India (1950). At Present, we use Citizenship Act 1955 to decide the rules of gaining or losing Citizenship of India.
- It states that a Person will be a Citizen of India if he is born or domiciled in India (Talking about 1950)
- In this article, Provisions are made for People migrating from the newly formed Pakistan
- Provisions for People who migrated to Pakistan and came back to India
- Provisions for overseas Citizen of India who wanted Indian Citizenship
- A person accepting citizenship of any foreign country will not be citizen of India
- Continuation of Rights of citizens of India
- It mentions that the Parliament has the right to change the provisions for Citizenship of India
These were the important Articles of Part 2 of the Constitution of India
But at Present we follow Citizenship Act 1955 to decide rules for Citizenship of India.
To Go to next Chapter: CLICK HERE
To Go to Indian Polity all chapters Index Page : CLICK HERE
To Go to History Notes: CLICK HERE
To download notes in PDF format Click below
Thank You for reading the Article. Good Luck for your upcoming Exams.