In the last chapter, we studied about the Preamble. From this class we will start the Parts of the Constitution of India. In this Chapter we will study the Part 1 of Indian Constitution which talks about India and It’s Territory.
Part 1: Union and it’s territory
Articles: 1 to 4
Different Articles Explained:
- India, that is Bharat, shall be a Union of States.
- The States and the territories thereof shall be as specified in the First Schedule.
- The territory of India shall comprise –
(a) the territories of the States;
(b) the Union territories specified in the First Schedule; and
(c) such other territories as may be acquired
- Incorporation of new Territory in the State
- Making new state or changing boundary or name of existing State
- Amendment of Articles 2 and 3 will lead to amendment to Schedule 1 and 4
- No such amendment or laws will be considered Constitutional Amendment under article 368
Hence Part 1 of India defines What is Indian Union and it’s states and boundaries.
To Go to next Chapter: CLICK HERE
To Go to Indian Polity all chapters Index Page : CLICK HERE
To Go to History Notes: CLICK HERE
To download notes in PDF format Click below
Thank You for reading the Article. Good Luck for your upcoming Exams.