- Founder :- Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq
-First sultan to start irrigation works.
–He died death due to collapse of wooden structure.
Md. Bin Tughlaq (Mad King/Wise Fool)
- 5 Big Decisions
-He transferred his capital from Delhi to Daultabatt (Deogiri) but later he reverted his decision.
-Introduction of Token Currency
-Increased tax in Doab Region (10 folds)
-Gathered a huge army for expedition and later disbanded it.
-Quarchil Expedition (resulted in huge loss of men and wealth)
- He set up a separate department of agriculture :- Diwan-i-kholi
- There were many revolts in reign (2 kindgom became Independent- Vijaynagar and Bahamani)
- Ibn-Batuta (Morroco) , a traveller who visited India during his reign
FIROZ SHAH TUGHLAQ
- He attacked and destroyed Jagarnnath Temple and Jwalamukhi Temple
- Jazia (religious tax) became a separate tax (even Brahmans were not exempted)
- He started heredity in Nobles & Army.
- He wrote an Autobiography(mainly his own accounts)
- Tughlagabad built by Ghiyassuddin Tughlaq.
- Last Ruler of Khilji Dynasty :- Md. Shah Tughlaq.
To Go to next Chapter: CLICK HERE
To Go to History Notes Index Page: CLICK HERE
To Go to Indian Polity Notes: CLICK HERE
Thank You for reading the Article. Good Luck for your upcoming Exams.