- Founder- Qutub din Aibak (Lakhbaksh), He died while playing “Polo”
- Capital- Lahore
- Real founder of Turkish rule in India
- He founded “Chahalgani” (Group of 40)
- Chengiz khan invaded India during his reign
- Razia Sultana (first woman ruler in India) was daughter of Iltutmish
- He destroyed power of “Chahalgani” (Group of 40)
- He gave himself the title of “Zil-i-Ilahi” (Shadow of God) & “Nasir-amir-ul-mumin”(Right hand of Caliph)
- He introduced Sajda & Paiboj.
- He followed policy of Blood & Iron.
- Last ruler of Slave Dynasty
- He was defeated by Jaluddin Khilji (Khilji Dynasty) and with his defeat slave dynasty came to an end.
SLAVE DYNASTY: ARCHITECTURE
- Quwat Ul Islam Mosque (Delhi):- 1st Mosque in India built by Qutub din Aibak
- Adhai din ka Jhonpra (Ajmer)- built by Qutub din Aibak
- Qutub Minar- Started by Qutub din Aibak and finished by Iltutmish
Note :- Qutub Minar is not named after Qutub din Aibak but it is after Qutbuddin Bakhtiar kaki (a sufi saint) .
To Go to next Chapter: CLICK HERE
To Go to History Notes Index Page: CLICK HERE
To Go to Indian Polity Notes: CLICK HERE
Thank You for reading the Article. Good Luck for your upcoming Exams.