Tumur’s Invasion (1398-1399),
- Turkish Invader from Mongolia (Chengiz khan descendent), He invaded Delhi during Md. Shah Tughlaq rule.
- He mercilessly plundered Delhi
- He appointed “Khizr Khan” to rule Punjab.
- Founded Sayyid Dynasty
- He captured Delhi in 1414 AD.
Alam Shah – Last Ruler of Sayyid Dynasty.
- Book- Tariq-i-Mubarak Shahi was written during Sayyid dynasty reign.
- Author of this book- Yaha-Bin-Ahmad-Sirhind
- Founder: – Bahlol Lodhi (Afghan Origin, not Turkish Origin)
- He founded city Agra and made it his capital.
- He wrote Gulrukhi in Persian.
- Last ruler of Lodhi Dynasty
- In 1526 AD- First Battle of Panipat was fought in which Babur defeated Ibrahim Lodhi
- Babur was invited by Dulat khan lodhi (Gov of Punjab)
The first Battle of Panipat signifies end of Lodhi Dynasty and Beginning of Mughal Dynasty in India.
To Go to next Chapter: CLICK HERE
To Go to History Notes Index Page: CLICK HERE
To Go to Indian Polity Notes: CLICK HERE
Thank You for reading the Article. Good Luck for your upcoming Exams.