In India, there are various government job opportunities for students after graduating. But most of the students are unaware of these jobs. They don’t know which exams to give and how to prepare for these exams. Hence we will tell you about all the different competitive exams for government jobs after graduation. We will also tell you about the different paper patterns and how to prepare for these exams. So lets begin!
Different jobs and their respective exams after graduation
SSC (Staff selection Commision):
Staff Selection Commission conducts various exams for the graduates but the most important one is SSC CGL
About SSC CGL:
SSC CGL stands for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level. This exam is conducted on a large scale in which more than 30 lacs student fill the form for around 6000-8000 seats. All the graduates are eligible to fill the form. The jobs offered by this exams include:
- Income tax inspector
- Sales, Excise, Customs Inspector
- CBI sub inspector
- Various other inspectors in offices like Post, Vigilance, Narcotics etc
- Assistant Audit Officer
- Section officer in MEA, Secretariat, Ministries etc
There are various other prestigious posts offered by this exam. To know more about the exam Read this Article.
Banks: Probationary Officers(PO)
Bank Manager is a very respectable and high paying jobs in India. If you are a graduate who is looking for a stability of government job and also a good work environment then Bank PO is the way for you.
You can give many exams to become bank PO but the most important ones are:
- IBPS PO: It is a large scale exam conducted to recruit bank POs for all the Public sector banks apart from SBI. For ex PNB, Bank of Baroda, Corporation bank etc
- SBI PO: SBI takes a separate exam for recruiting POs. The salary and perks of SBI PO is alittle higher than the other banks.
- Other banks also conduct their separate exams but with some conditions like a training course of 1 year where you will have to pay the fees of training. After 1 year you get recruited as a PO.
Bank clerk is also a good stable job in India, You get a decent salary, also you can stay in the same town for as long you wish( No transfers)
The important exams for bank clerks are:
- IBPS Clerk: IBPS conducts clerk exams for all Public Sector banks except SBI
- SBI Clerk: SBI takes a separate exam for recruiting its clerks
Railways: RRB NTPC
Railways conducts NTPC exams for non technical graduates( for all graduates). In 2016, RRB NTPC was conducted for 18000 vacancies all over India. And more than 90 lakhs students filled the form which became the world record.
There are many other exams conducted at state level and national level for government jobs in different sectors. It is highly suggested to stay updated with latest new of government jobs.
Best of luck for the preparations.
Do like our fb page: https://www.facebook.com/thevedicacademy/
Also check out our video tutorials: Youtube: The Vedic Academy