- North India/Central :- Harsha reign was followed by Rajputs.
Chalukyas were overthrown by Rashtrakutas
Pallavas were overthrown by Imperial Cholas.
RAJPUTS (7th Century- 12th Century)
>Tripartite Struggle for Kannauj – Between Palas , Pratiharas and Rashtrakutas.
- Location :- Munger/Mundagiri (Bihar)
- Founder:- Gopala
- Ruled after later Guptas
- Most important ruler
- Dharmpala- revived Nalanada University and built Vikramshila University.
- Location: – Rajasthan and Gujrat
- Greatest ruler- Mihir Bhoja
- Last Ruler- Yashpal
- Capital- Manyakhet/Malkhed (Karnataka )
- Founder :- Dantidurga
- Greatest Ruler- Amoghavarsha (he wrote Kavirajmarga, Kannada Poem)
Temples built by Rashtrakutas
- Ellora Caves Temple
- Kailash Temple at Ellora ( Built by Krishna I)
>Independent Rajput Kingdoms
- Chandelas – Capital – Bundelkhand (Famous for building Khajuraho Temple)
- Chauhans – Capital – Delhi
Important ruler Prithviraj Chauhan – fought 1ST & 2nd Battle of Tharain, he defeated Md. Ghori in the 1st battle (1191 AD) and was defeated by Md. Ghori in the 2nd Battle of Tharain (1192 AD)
- Prithviraj Chauhan- friend and poet “Chand Bardai” wrote Prithviraj Raso (a Brajbhasha epic poem about the life of Prithviraj Chauhan).
- Other Kingdoms were- Prmars, Rathod, Tomars etc.
To Go to next Chapter: CLICK HERE
To Go to History Notes Index Page: CLICK HERE
To Go to Indian Polity Notes: CLICK HERE
Thank You for reading the Article. Good Luck for your upcoming Exams.